So Terrified Of Crotch Strap!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
After reading a lot of posts I finally decided Id got for BP/Wing set up. The only problem is that I am not used to having a crotch strap between my legs tickling / squashing my balls when I am diving. My fear is that if I do a sudden stop under water the tank is going to shift forward and I will be using my precious, non-replacable testicles to stop a 45 pound tank from sliding off my back!!! :no

Is this "CROTCH-STAPOPHOBIA" justified?

Properly adjusted you wont even know its there.

(Unless you get the inverted studded variety:wink:)

Have you ever been in water? I don't see the problem and I doubt you can either! If you still have a problem you may have a problem! Wear a cup! Do you fear the Bicycle Seat too?

Don't be. If adjusted correctly, you will never even know you are wearing it.

My fear is that if I do a sudden stop under water the tank is going to shift forward and I will be using my precious, non-replacable testicles to stop a 45 pound tank from sliding off my back!!!

Well I don't have non-replaceable testicles or replaceable ones but I do dive a BP/W with crotch strap. :D How fast do you plan on diving and how will you be stopping so suddenly that your tank will fly forward? My tanks pretty much stay in place even in high flow caves. I think you'll find the crotch strap to be a non-issue. My husband never complains about it!

Miranda

I had crotchstrapaphobia when I first started. I put on my wetsuit and bp, then jumped in the pool. No pain. I got back out, attached my steel tank, sat on the side of the pool, and hoped in. No pain. I got out, gathered my nerves and did a giant stride into the pool. No pain. Now Ill do a giant stride off of a tall boat and not even worry about hitting the water. You big wussy!

I found mine to be entirely unnecessary. Give it a try without one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom