Indonesian visas 60

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingdog5

Registered
Reaction score
:11:hi guys ok we done the search but no luck and have the book no info ......

we are trying to work out if its possible to get an indonesian 60 day visa in an indonesian consulate in malasian borneo .

we were told buy but te visa official in the indonesian embassy in manila ,that he could not issue visas for any one who is not philipino ,but that it is possibe to get a 60 day visa in kota kinabalu ?

now i can not find any info on the net or most forums ....

please help

That doesn't sound correct to me.

I am based in Indonesia, and we get our staff 60 day visas issued in Singapore all the time. And these staff aren't Singaporeans.

Depending on your nationality you can get 30days on arrival, and with Air Asia (depending on where you are based) you can cheaply pop out to KL and back in the same day for your second lot of 30 days.

Just a thought, maybe try calling or visiting a few local travel agencies in Manila...Some agencies take care of visa matters, they could give you good info perhaps if you are already there.

I had no problem getting a 60 day Indonesian visa in Davao City while in the Philippines last year. Dropped off at the Indonesian embassy and came back the next day to pick up the visa. Strange they would not issue the visa in Manila?

Hope you get it worked out...

<snip>we are trying to work out if its possible to get an indonesian 60 day visa in an indonesian consulate in malasian borneo .

we were told buy but te visa official in the indonesian embassy in manila ,that he could not issue visas for any one who is not philipino
Yes, unfortunately Indonesian regulations (and there are LOTS of them) depend on the bureaucrat you happen to be talking to. However whether you can get a 60-day visa shouldn't be affected by the location of the consulate, rather on your nationality.

thanks guys but the bureaucrat in manila said that they DO NOT issue visas to non philipino nationals ..its weird i know .
it just seem like the indonesian goverment does not want people staying in the countrie ffor too long ... shame
any way we will fly to malasia then try a border there what a pain in the arse!!!!!!
thanks bali freek but im irish does not make sence to turn me down
gchild yes it is correct the whole idea is trying not to fly back to singapore .

but we will soilder on thanks for every ones imput

My wife and I spent a little over a month in Indonesia last year (Bunaken/Lembeh/Komodo), and are heading back in 4 weeks for 5 1/2 months of mostly diving (the rest of the time will be spent getting from place to place! heh ;P). As far as I know from planning these trips:

- 60 day tourist visas are not issued on arrival. Visa On Arrival is only 30 days up to now (there are "plans" for a much longer VOA, but these plans were announced I think over a year ago, with no further news yet...)

- Many Indonesian embassies/consulates will only issue a 60 day tourist visa on a passport of the nation the particular Indonesian embassy/consulate is in. As with the above experience in Manila, I can confirm similar rules are present in Warsaw, Poland where I've been living recently- last year they would not issue the visa on my Canadian passport or my wife's Norwegian passport, but had no problem doing it on our Polish passports.
HOWEVER: As Bali-Freak mentioned, the "rules" change depending on the particular bureaucrat or set of bureaucrats you are dealing with. When I last did a search on the thorntree forums on the matter, travellers reported _reliably_ getting a 60 day tourist visa on a foreign passport in SINGAPORE, as well as in PENANG- but, oddly enough not in KL, where they were told they can only get 30 days issued. This fits the pattern above with Manila & Davao, though... so I'm sure there are other consulates that'll do it, but which ones, and which ones you can be sure it won't depend on who ends up serving you........

- Re: border crossings: it's worth noting that not all points of entry into Indo have Visa On Arrival capability- many places require that you've obtained a visa beforehand. There's a list of VOA airports & seaports at Data Link Kekonsuleran Perwakilan Republik Indonesia di Kanada ,
and according to this the only places in Kalimantan are (supposedly) the airport at Balikpapan and the seaport at Padang.

It's really a shame that the bureaucracy is making life difficult like this... but I can't say administrative matters are any less random & convoluted in say, Poland, or France. Actually I think they're more consistent in Indo than in Poland =)

Hope some of the above is useful to you. Just remember the diving is definitely worth the trouble!- it's fantastic.

pw

You can get visa on arrival just about anywhere with an international airport in Indo, but it's only good for 30 days, and can only be extended one time (an extra 30 days). If you go through the hassle of getting the 60 day visa, you can extend it 4 times (30 days each) inside the country for a total of 6 months. If you want to get the 60 day visa, avoid the INDONESIAN EMBASSY IN KUALA LUMPUR. These guys are total jerk offs, waiting for hours in the office just for some papers, another few hours to turn in the papers, and come back in two days to find out you were denied the 60 day visa and given a 30 day instead for no reason at all (same as visa on arrival which can be done in about 3 minutes). But they have no problem taking your 170 RM payment anyhow. I hear embassy in Penang is best in peninsular malaysia. Good luck, if you can handle the embassy, you're all good in Indonesia!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom