Your dive story captured for generations of divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

liquidassets.tv

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Liquidassets.tv is a full service production company in the indsutry we all love! We are about to set up some ads on ScubaBoard so you guys can see more of what we have planned for divers on TV in 2009 and beyond.

LiquidAssets.tv has a goal to change the way the people look at scuba diving; scuba diving is fun, and Liquidassets.tv wants to rekindle the excitement so we can show our non diving buddies why we love jumping into the drink. We are off to the Turks & Caicos Islands in September for a dive trip that everyone involved will never forget and we want you to join us onboard. We will be filming our new television pilots, where the set is the boat and the cast is the crew and you!
This all takes place on the Turks & Caicos Explorer II for four weeks between September 6 and October 4, and you’re invited! Pricing for a week with the Liquid Assets film crew is the same as any reservation, at any time on this vessel and spaces start at $1,595. Witness how your favorite dive programs are filmed and even be a part of the next generation of dive television. At no other time have we invited, nay needed the diving public to create a TV show that will show the non-divers of the world the beauty of the past time we all love. Liquidassets.tv needs real divers not actors pretending to be divers and you can secure your space onboard through our website LiquidAssets.tv :: Dive into something different on your next vacation. Be the star of your next dive vacation video ... in HD!

Hmmm... let me see if I understand this. If I pay $1,595 (plus airfare, I assume), I can be talent in your TV show? And I won't even get scale? Pardon me if I don't sound very enthusiastic.

I'm really excited to be joining LiquidAssets.tv for Week 1 aboard the Turks & Caicos Explorer II, from Sept. 6 through 13. I'm fairly certain that the Liquid Assets crew isn't putting you to work on the boat, so you're still getting a week's worth of live-aboard diving, eating, drinking and sleeping for the same price as any other week-long itinerary -- plus you'll be a part of the television pilots. Obviously, this isn't for everyone, but for those who dig this sorta thing, it should be quite interesting.

Nick

Will look forward to hearing reports then.

Not for you apparently Doc. Thankfully it seems to be a very new and interesting idea for let me see, 16 total so far and our and ads have not even run yet. The price is what Explorer Ventures charges if you book direct. Scale pay is for actors and actors are not what we want onboard with us. We are documenting a month behind the life of a liveaboard dive crew and we need real divers, not actors so I am glad you got this out in the open for us. Everyone who is interested please feel free to contact us through our website and get ready for a dive trip of a lifetime. There are contests for videographers, photographers and a live broadcast by Scuba Radio one week. The one thing I know is that we are going to have a great dive trip each week and we can all report back to Doc with documented proof in HD. We are looking for divers who love liveaboard diving or want to try it and want do enjoy their time they get to steal away from life and work. Thanks for getting this started for us Doc and please let me know if you have any questions.

Dr.Bill:
Hmmm... let me see if I understand this. If I pay $1,595 (plus airfare, I assume), I can be talent in your TV show? And I won't even get scale? Pardon me if I don't sound very enthusiastic.

Not for you apparently Doc....we need real divers, not actors so I am glad you got this out in the open for us..... and we can all report back to Doc ....Thanks for getting this started for us Doc and please let me know if you have any questions.

Ahh, making good juju with Dr. Bill.

Congratulations on your fourth post here on ScubaBoard. Very smart PR move. :eyebrow: Making friends already.

Actually... this project by liquidassets.tv sounds like it's going to be really cool.

Michelle and I are thinking about going on the 2nd week's trip.

Not for you apparently Doc. Thankfully it seems to be a very new and interesting idea for let me see, 16 total so far and our and ads have not even run yet. The price is what Explorer Ventures charges if you book direct. Scale pay is for actors and actors are not what we want onboard with us. We are documenting a month behind the life of a liveaboard dive crew and we need

There should be very few "exciting" moments.

However you'll get hours and hours of underwater shots of pretty fish, and probably 5x that in boring footage of people laying on the deck sleeping, taking a nap in the cabin, eating and reading.

For the crew, you'll get all sorts of footage of filling tanks, cooking, cleaning, and if you're lucky, keeping track of who is in the water and who is out.

If you want excitement, you should go hang out on a cruise ship for a month, and follow the freshly extruded (oops, I mean trained) divers though their first enounter with terror and injury, and more than likely at least one close brush with death each day.

Terry

Web Monkey, as far as the cruise ship idea I think it is a good one and I have considered it as well as I was an instructor onboard for Royal Caribbean crusie lines in my early 20's.

Nice perspective on the current project. Some people view a week on a liveaboard as this and this is the very reason we want to document and show you all a month behind the life of a liveaboard dive crew. The broken moorings, the relationships between the crew that the guests don't see, the relationships between some crew and guests that all don't see, the bad weather days and how a crew deals, it goes on and on. Luckily myself and most of the crew have worked on liveaboards before and we know some of the behind the scenes moments that we want divers like Web Monkey to realize.

This also gives us an angle to attract non divers to our sport through a story and that is what we all want, right? More dive buddies and a main stream avenue to show everyone the great sport and hobby that we all love. Web Monkey's comments are a great segway into the very reason we are doing the pilot Over / Under. We want to show everyone the time in the crew area, on the bridge, during trouble, after the charter, provisioning for the next and how these bastions of our industry do it week in week out. It is exciting, it is a great lifestyle and we if you have people with a positive attitude onboard the trips are always great. As I said previously, this projects and even liveaboards in general might not be your thing but we will have the right people onboard and It looks as if HowardE from the staff likes the idea and I am sorry that Web Monkey will not be joining us.

The response has been very favorable at all of the dive shows this year and it seems this project is attracting a young energetic attractive diver and that is exactly what we want. Thanks for your input Web Monkey and for opening the door allowing me to go into some of the things we will be covering in the pilots and if any of you guys have ever wondered what it is really like to work as a dive professional and want to be a part of a new dive show please feel free to contact us for more details.

It is not for everyone and we knew that coming in but we do know that it will be a great month of diving, dive stories, new friendships and a dive trip that is outside of the box. I really do appreciate and welcome all comments and ideas.

Back
Top Bottom