Aeris T3 not saving dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wiilldd1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
When I download the dives, it shows them, but when I try to save them, it does not show all of them in the log book. Out of 25 dives it only saved 3 of them. Anybody else having this problem?

I put a new battery in it, so that is not the problem. And don't get me started on the USB connection!

If I understand this question correctly, you are hooking the T3 up to the computer and in the "download data from XXXX" area you are seeing all the dives on the computer, you select all the dives you want to download, download them, save them and when you exit out and get back to the log book you only see maybe 3 of the 25 dives you selected? Is this correct? Also what version of the logbook software are you running?

Yes, that is what is happening. I am running version 2.1.5. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John

make sure that you are in your diver profile, vice the default diver profile, It will not save the dives under the default user, If you open the log books and see your name.dlg, if you are in Sample Diver.dlg that is your problem.

meesier42 is correct, another thing you may want to do is upgrade to the latest version and see if that fixes the issue.... 2.1.7.... I had some issues with dives dissapearing with 2.1.5 as well, but it didn't happen to me until I attempted to edit one.

I have version 2.1.8 now. It is still doing the same thing. It is my *.dlg file. The dives upload to the PC okay but when trying to save them it only saves a couple.
The status shows "Download Completed" for the ones that show in the log. The others status shows "In queue". At the top it shows "Saving dives competed". Any suggestions?

Thanks,

I have version 2.1.8 now. It is still doing the same thing. It is my *.dlg file. The dives upload to the PC okay but when trying to save them it only saves a couple.
The status shows "Download Completed" for the ones that show in the log. The others status shows "In queue". At the top it shows "Saving dives competed". Any suggestions?

Thanks,

I would call Aeris technical support on the phone and discuss it with them. They may want you to email them your *.dlg and *.dat files to try to reproduce the problem.

Version 2.17 was the direct result of a problem that I could reproduce 100% of the time and they were able to fix once the had the Access database (*.dlg file).

Thanks,

I have exactly the same problem with my Elite T3 running ACI v 2.2.0. Did you manage to get this resolved?

Thanks,

SB

This is from aeris website DiveAeris.com - Scuba Gear, Scuba Equipment and Dive Gear

I AM NOT ABLE TO DOWNLOAD ALL DIVES:
AERIS Dive Computers have user selectable Sampling Rates that determine when data is sampled and stored for subsequent download to associated PC interface programs. More frequent sampling provides more data per dive yet results in storage of fewer dives for download. Use with Air or Nitrox, with or without air integration, dive profiles, and other variables also effect the number of dives that can be stored. Although as many as 150 dives might be stored for consistent 60 foot dives with the Sampling Rate set for a 10 foot rate, as few as 3 may be stored when the profiles fluctuate and the sampling rate is set for a 2 second rate.

Thanks I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. I have dives in the middle of a sequence that aren't downloading, somehow the data is getting corrupted. Not sure if it's due to the computer or the download software.

One issue I did have was somehow the computer started a dive while in my bag on the plane home and ran for 10 hrs. Maybe once the memory fills there's random corruptions taking place. That said I can still download my first dive which, if the memory was full, should have been over written.

Cheers,

SB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom