Dive Rite BP and Rec Wing help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

w0nger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So i've purchased these two items, but i have no idea how they go together...

I know that the two holes match up in the center, is it important what size/type bolts/nuts i put thru them? Do i lace the wing to the BP anywhere? or is it just the center holes that hold it all together?

The elastic bungee on the Rec wing, what configuration is for single tank?double tank?

just found and read the manual online, sounds like all i need is the two bolts thru the center of the wing and plate.

Also, when I recieved the wing the elbow connector to the inflator hose was loose. How to i know how tight it has to be? do i need a special sealant? or should i just take the wing in to a dive shop and have it worked on?

Based upon your questions and statements you've made, I would strongly recommend you go to a dive shop for some mentoring.

the K

it's my first BP/W setup, and unfortunately none of my dive buddies use a BP/W, i will heed the advice though and chk out my local dive shop for sure :) thx, was just getting excited and ahead of myself.

To tighten the inflator hose, just tighten the plastic ring down hand tight. There's a rubber gasket in there that seals it. It might be loose to allow you to adjust the direction of the inflator hose, or it might have just been loose, who knows. Just hook it up to a regulator and make sure it holds air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom