Divemaster in Red Sea - Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danish

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I'm thinking about going pro and do the divemaster course in The Red Sea - Egypt in August/September 2008. Been in the area a couple of times so I'm familiar with this part of Egypt. I'm not in a hurry so I could stay for a month. Possibly do an internship.

Anyone who has done a divemaster recently in The Red Sea - Egypt and who can recommend an operator?

What are the prices incl. gear rental and budget accomodation.

Looking forward to hearing from you. :)

Red Sea is pretty big place,so where do you plan on going.:confused:
Most dive centers will have options for you.

I am a PADI DM. I didn't do it in the Red Sea though, But I am a frequent diver there. I'm familiar only with Sharm El Sheikh, don't know about the rest of Egyptian coast on the Red Sea. I recommend you either Red Sea College, Sinai Divers, or Camel Dive Club. My opinion is these are the best op in the area of Sharm El Sheik

I work out in Sharm from time to time and would recommend Camel Dive Club but then I'm biased. Most dive centers would expect a DM candidate to have their own equipment, otherwise reckon on 25 euros per day for a full kit. You can often find a good deal at somewhere like the Iberotel Grand Sharm hotel for a DM course but often candidates find an appartment to share which would cost anywhere from 100 - 200 euros per month.

Clearly none of the previous posters have wandered to the end of Naama Bay in Sharm and found OONAS DIVE CLUB. By far the #1 dive center in Egypt. Excellent Instructors and DM class. Tell the TEX sent you!!!

PADI DIVEMASTER
Launch your dive career and become a PADI Divemaster. Working closely with an Oonas PADI Instructor, you'll expand your dive knowledge and hone dive skills to become a diving professional. Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. To earn this certification you have to complete water skills and stamina exercises, learn dive leadership, organizational and problem solving abilities in a three to six week internship here at Oonas Club on the sunny Red Sea.

PADI Divemaster rate €600

Our Dive Master courses take 3-6 weeks, while with other dive centers, it could be as little as 12 days !!! You should check this before you book
your course!!!

Oonas Courses

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom