Please HELP - any place to also jetski?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

InGearX

Registered
Reaction score
A friend is calling me to go to Dominican Republic (DR);

But I know there are great spots in Florida to dive, but one of the additional reasons is that it is cheap to jetski in DR - $30 for 30 minutes... we did that before...

Can anyone recommend a place in Florida that we can fly to (from NYC) and possibly avoid renting a vehicle... so that a dive shop and jet-skiing would be within reasonable distance...

And since we are in our mid 20s a young fun environment would be crucial... maybe some nice place to hang out and meet people etc...

Any place / spot in particular that anyone can recommend?

Thank you...

If jetskiing is your interest, I'd prefer you went to DR. We have enough jetskidiots around here slaloming among our dive flags.

There is nothing in the Tampa bay area that offers all that you are looking for. Yes there are jetski rentals but you will need to rent a car to travel from the airport to the motel to the beach. Cheap flights from JFK on JetBlue to Tampa.

Since there is pretty much zip as far as shore dives are concerned north of Bradenton, divers and jetskis rarely clash but in other locations there are a lot of irresponsible boaters.

That's a great price in the DR for jet skiing, I doubt you will match that price in FL. Have fun in DR with those jet skis

If jetskiing is your interest, I'd prefer you went to DR. We have enough jetskidiots around here slaloming among our dive flags.

I know what you mean, and I expected everyone to think that and say that...

but there's got to be a way... some solution - I respect both activities... and there is a way for them to co-exist...

DR is a bit dangerous and flights are 3x the price then to Florida...

TAMPA:

SCUBA:

Scuba Florida, Scuba Diving Equipment Tampa, Kayak Dive Florida! - are they good?

JETSKI:

Jet-Ski Rental of St Pete Beach‎Address:
Unverified listing -
Removal requested ()
Write a review - - more info »
Placement on map is approximate
Saint Petersburg, FL 33701

Get Directions
(727) 360-7670

$45 for 30 minutes
or $80 for 60 minutes - and that is NOT BAD!!! not bad at all!!!

In DR you WILL get $30 for 30 minutes - but original asking price is $45 for 30 minutes and you need to bargain - I do not like bargaining...

But I'm afraid Tampa Florida will be a bit to boring for two young guys

OR

WELCOME TO FRENCHY'S :: KAYAK RENTALS

Yamaha VX-110
Waverunner - 3 persons

$ 80.00 PER HOUR

-OR-

Yamaha XL 700
Waverunner - 3 persons

$ 75.00 PER HOUR

holly smokes maybe

Fort Lauderdale is even a better choice - looks like Jet Skiing and scuba diving is all over Florida...

Splash Watersports- Waverunners - $75 for 1 hour of Jetskiing AND they do scuba...

since we are new - I guess any location will do - and if there are many shops that means it's good enough

so I guess number one priority is finding a good place for young guys to hang out...

ohh and jet ski's in DR are old - if you do not ask for the right one - they can _die_ on you in open water - I had them give me one of those and engine had shut down I had to wait for a while in blazing sun for them to come and tow me...

and air fare to Florida is good normal price 1/2 of going to DR (cause of crazy DR taxes)

Total Cost of Flight $ 234.00 USD New York, NY (JFK) TO Tampa, FL (TPA)
VS
Total Cost of Flight $ 455.40 USD New York, NY (JFK) TO Santo Domingo, DR (SDQ)
- JetBlue.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom