Aeris Manta? or save for Stinger/D4?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gwyd1982

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi im looking to buy another computer after losing my Gekko! :doh: I've been looking at the stinger as I know it's an excellent computer, but then i see Suunto have brought out the D4, which looks just as good for what i want, and a little bit cheaper! I also looked at the Aeris Manta, which i've never seen anyone use. It sounds like it has all the features that I would require but not sure about the reliability, ease of use etc. Anyone used the Manta? Thanks...

I have been using the Manta for freediving and scuba last three months. No complaints here. I download all the dive data and maintain the log, I'm anal like that.

My next computer will be wireless though to streamline a bit better. Nothing like being right in the middle of a shot and having your octopus float by.

Don

well if you buy a wireless and are selling your manta, let me know!!!

do you know how many dives it logs?

I dive with the Epic which is a lot like the manta. I love it (it's hoseless AI)......... I think the features for the price on the Manta are outstanding. The shop I teach with sells a lot of them to happy customers.

FYI.... Aeris/Oceanic computers use a more liberal algorithm than the Suunto.

Thanks for the info guys. The Manta sounds good, but I do like the look of the D4... Will have to see as not going to buy for few months... Any more who recommend the Manta? Or anyone thats got a D4?

Back
Top Bottom