Switch to Buddy's Gas w/Uwatec Galileo Sol?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishwatcher

Registered
Reaction score
Request

I wanted someone who is using a Galileo Sol to confirm or refute the ability to perform a gas switch to your buddy's gas with this computer, not just monitor your buddy's tank pressure.

According to the Manual

The Uwatec Galileo Sol allows you to set up 3 gases of your own so that you can switch among them during the dive and have the computer calculate appropriate nitrogen and oxygen exposure. Your gases must be of increasing 02 concentration. That is, if your 1st gas is 32%, your 2nd gas must be 32% or higher, and your 3rd gas must be of a higher O2 concentration than your 2nd gas. This makes sense for using Gas 1 to dive, Gas 2 to travel, and Gas 3 to decompress.

You can also connect to a transmitter on your buddy's tank to monitor it's pressure.

Rumor Has It

I've heard from a user of the Galileo Sol that the computer has been revised to allow you to program the oxygen level of your buddy's tank into the computer and then, during the dive, will allow you to switch to your buddy's tank such that the computer calculates O2 and N2 exposure as well as decompression information using the mix of your buddy's gas.

This would come in handy for me if I had to switch to my buddy's gas in an emergency.

It would also allow me to switch to a backup (emergency bail-out) gas in my pony bottle that was of a lower O2 concentration. A typical scenario for me would be to use EAN32 (32% O2) for the entire dive, but then to have air (21% O2) in my pony as a backup. [In the computer, I could designate my bail-out gas as my "Buddy's" Gas, set the concentration to 21%, then switch to during the dive if needed as well as be able to hoselessly monitor the pressure of my backup gas throughout the dive.]

What's the Real Scoop?

Does anyone have any specific experience with the Galileo Sol with regard to my question?

Thank you for your help,

:fish::eek:gle:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom