Swap my pressure gauge for a computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Merlin*

Reaction score
I have been shopping for a computer and have been slowly cracking the codes to find that sweet spot between what I want and what I need and what I can afford.
I just popped my Sherwood Scuba pressure gauge out of my console and it looks like I could just buy a computer module and pop it back into the console. Am I off base here? Are the computer modules that I see all about the same diameter? About 2.5 inches? I see no reason to buy a new console, spg and hose if all I realy need/want is a new computer.

if you get an AI computer you can dump the SPG all together, one less hose to deal with.

I assume you are talking about replacing your depth gauge with the computer, not the SPG. There are a few incompatible sizes out there but most use the "std" hockey puck size which I believe includes Sherwood. So now you just have to pick the right size (brand) computer and hope it fits OK.

Or you could just wrist mounted your computer eliminating the sizing problem and having your computer more accessible. You might even like it so much you will want to put your compass on the other wrist.

WOW 2 replys on April 15th. I got the notification email this morning April 21st. Is this normal?

I did bite the bullet and got a Aeris X1 computer with SPG and a new compass. I may still get a puck compass for my backup reg. I am going to dive a bit and see how I like these new fangled gizmos.

WOW 2 replys on April 15th. I got the notification email this morning April 21st. Is this normal?

You can change the email notification settings in your User CP. You have the option for weekly or instant notification among others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom