AVID BC Cummerbond question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m.hamner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just had my FIRST dive on my new XL Avid 2008 model. LOVED it, except that cummer bond was overlapped so much that it almost missed the velcro patches completely.

I'd like to change out the cummer bond with a Large from the avid series. Where do i go for this???? Or can i get my authorized LDS to change it out for free???

-Matt

Don't know much about that BC, but everyone I've seen has an adjustment for the cumberbun. Have you adjusted as small as possible?

Dear Matt,

There are adjustments in the back of the BC. Did you adjust the cummerbund smaller in the back? If not please try this adjustment. If you need a smaller cummerbund, you can purchase a large cummerbund at your LDS. Unfortunately, this is not a free exchange.

Good diving,

Sherwood Scuba

Yes, I tried adjusting it in the back. Unfortunately, there really isn't a lot of adjusting to do in the back since the Velcro patch length in the back is so small.

I will take it in to my LDS and see what we can do to it. If nothing can be done, I'll ask my LDS to order a large cummerbund instead of an XL. There is a difference right?

Thanks.

-Matt

Dear Matt,

I just received confirmation back from the warehouse. The Large cummerbund is about 6 inches shorted than the XL cummbund.

Thank you,

Thank you for finding that out. You didn't have to do that. That's great customer service right there.

Thank you for finding that out. You didn't have to do that. That's great customer service right there.

That is something that Sherwood is known for... One of the reasons why I love this company... People that actually care and are helpful.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom