small and light SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wackodacko

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello!! I am shopping around for a new SPG preferably a 3 gauge (with compass).. I am pretty much set on the Scubapro Mini VIP 3gauge (which, unfortunately, Leisure Pro does not carry). I just wanted to know if there are any other comparable brands/models out there with a similar size to the Mini VIP and lightweight ..

Thanks!!

You might want to take a look at the Uwatec U-Line console. Saw this console in my LDS and thought it to be a very tidy and compact set. The gauges were very smart and easy to read but the compass is a little basic (only points N, S, E & W - no actual bearings on the face)

Here's a picture:
U_line3.jpg

To find out more go to Uwatec and look in the English (not American) site under Dive Instruments.

If Leisure Pro don't have them, try:
Dive Inn
SDS Watersports
Simply Scuba

The last two sites are UK based so they make not be able to offer such good prices as you are used to in the States. Dive Inn always seem to be very competitive in the prices dept.

My local LDS wanted GB £119 for the 3 gauge console (about US $185)

Failing that why not ask the manufacturer to put you in touch with a retailer that does mail order? I would have less concerns about buying gauges on the internet than say a reg or BC.

Hope you find what you're after.

wackodacko once bubbled...
very helpful info.. i saw what i wanted at diveinn.com .. but it was metric :upset: ill keep lookin tho!

Get in touch with the sales team at Dive Inn, they've been very helpful when I needed stuff. Ask the if they can source imperial gauges - I'm sure they'll help.

PS - How do you find the Avanti Quattros? I'm thinking of buying a pair to replace my (very old) original Avantis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom