Spearfishing Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BeckyKagan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to be producing a spearfishing DVD in the Dry Tortugas at the end of the month. I have a huge list of things that I want to cover in the DVD, but I'm looking for your thoughts and input of what you would want to see. This is going to be geared towards beginers / newer hunters with some advancement sections as well for the more intermediate hunters. Any and all ideas are welcome!

Some of the things already included are a section on safety, rules and regulations, fish species (mostly geared towards the south) and tips and tricks from experts.

Thanks for your input you can also email me suggestions at Becky@LiquidProductionsLLC.com

happy hunting!

Put in some non gay music. I recently watched a friend's spearfishing video and it had super gay music, and it ruined the movie.

For new shooters:

Short vs. long guns and why.
Stalking techniques
Shot Placement
Line vs. free shafting
Slip tips, double flopper, rock point, & Hiawian
Chest/hip/rest tab loading
How to replace bands
Braining
Stringer placement on different fish

and the number one newbie question........Sharks!! What now?

There's a lot of very good Youtube video's out there that spearo's can capture crucial tidbits from if they watch closely.

.....and tips and tricks from experts.

Can you share some names?

Post up a note when your video is ready!!

Recognizing fishy areas, whether visually or with depth recorders.

Hazards of specific fish ie:sharp spines,teeth or gillplates.

Proper storage and cleaning of fish.

Good Luck.

BTW,are these self-prolaimed experts:D

When do you expect to have the video available? I'd love to get into spearfishing and this is exactly what I've been waiting for to learn more about it.

...I'm going to be producing a spearfishing DVD in the Dry Tortugas ....
If your video mentions spearing in the Dry Tortugas area you may want to mention risks of ciguatera poisoning with larger fish. I used to work for the Florida Fish & Wildlife Institute and at that time they were researching ciguatera poisoning in fish. The research trips would run to the Dry Tortugas because it had a reputation for being one of the highest (or perhaps the highest) risk areas for ciguatera poisoning in fish.

I'm definately interested in a beginner spear fishing type of video.
Count me in.
When will it be completed?

Take care,
Mitch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom