Matrix Master not turning on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loudives

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Got a Matrix Master been using for 9 years. New battery 18 dives ago. Everything fine until the 19th dive over a 2 week period. Half the display fading out. That is to say half the letters and numbers faded not half the display face. Replaced the batteries and now nothing (yes they are in polarity). tried combination of old and new battery but still nothing. Computer did not flood and batteries not wet. ANYONE HELP?

Or is it just time for a new one. This thing is great, simple, and has done over 500 dives with me.

Lou

Hi there, I too own one have had it I guess near on 10 years, still going strong, Hmm from the sounds of it if you have tried diff new batteries and didnt flood it then its died, Ive had similar "fade outs" with other digital devices and if it wasnt the battery it was dead... you had a good run tho eh...cool now you can look for a new one...The new Sunnto D4 looks nice...goodluck

Had a similar issue with mine (11 years old). It started with power offs after the startup checks and now has the symptoms you describe. Apparently they cant be fixed in Australia. Im now looking for a new computer so Ill be interested to know how you go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom