Recommended DC Hurghada & Elphinstone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geordieboy

Registered
Reaction score
Hullo there all, first post for a good long while!

I was hoping someone might be able to help on a couple of questions... The wife and I are off to Egypt in July and we will be going to Hurghada for a bit of the trip; haven't dived since Sipadan two years ago!

Does anyone know of a good DC in downtown Hurghada (we are thinking of staying at Triton Empire Beach resort if means anything)? I was considering Emperor Divers, but can't tell how far away it is from that area of Hurghada - their website says they've moved to El Mina harbour:confused: If anyone can give a yay or nay to them or give a DC near Triton, it'd be muchos helpful.

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to dive Elphinstone on a day trip from Hurghada - the wife likes diving, but not enough to do a liveaboard:shakehead:

Oh, I'm AOW with about 60 dives, the wife is OW with about 15 if that makes any diff to the answers.

Take it easy, and cheers for the help.:D

If you and your wife want to do it together... Elphinstone is for advanced divers, they used to have a local law that said you had to have 50 logged dives. It can be a bit choppy there, so you really need to know what you're doing and a guide you can trust.

While I was in the area last, a group from our hotel went in the water from the zodiac without proper instructions - half of them did not know to go straight under and look around for their buddy at 3 meters below the surface (which should have been clear from their briefing)... they got tossed around in the waves for minutes waiting for a sign from the guides that it was OK to go down, and that basically ruined the dive for them before it even started.

But it's a spectacular dive when you do it right!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom