Thursday 4/17 weigh-in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NancyLynn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well - I was worried about traveling at the end of last week (with unpredictable food) and being away from my scale.

I should try it more often, I guess:

Starting weight: 175
Current weight: 129
Goal: 125
Loss this week: 3 lbs

I haven't lost more than one pound a week in over two months. (Of course I expect I'll now plateau for a while :( , but at least the goal is in sight.)

How is everyone else doing?

NancyLynn,

Great job! It's really hard when you get close to your goal.

After a couple of weigh-ins where I had been plateaued or gaining slightly, I had a 2 pound drop to 224 (I was 222 yesterday but the chicken wings at the wake last night did me in)

And spring is finally here and golf season is about to start, so I will be getting a lot more exercise in!

Way to go Nancy Lynn & Colby!

I am back "on track" this week moreso than I have been in the past three, and feeling much better for it as well. And the scale agrees - hoorah!

From last week, I have lost an additional 2.4 pounds which far exceeds my weekly goal of 1.5 pounds, so I am pretty ecstatic.
:wave-smil​

:bananalama: Total weight removal since 2/28/08: 10 pounds!! :bananalama:

I am super-excited about this since getting to this point has been hard for me, so ............. YEAH!!!

:cheerleader: How is everyone else doing?? :cheerleader:​

My foods been good. I've been exercising regularly. so why am I up 1/2 lb? Must be water. LOL. But it is so damn frustrating.

After a couple of weigh-ins where I had been plateaued or gaining slightly, I had a 2 pound drop to 224

Yay! Moving - and in the right direction!

I am back "on track" this week moreso than I have been in the past three, and feeling much better for it as well.

That's the best part - feeling better.

From last week, I have lost an additional 2.4 pounds which far exceeds my weekly goal of 1.5 pounds, so I am pretty ecstatic.

But that's not bad either!

My foods been good. I've been exercising regularly. so why am I up 1/2 lb? Must be water. LOL. But it is so damn frustrating.

Bummer. I hate it when that happens. Just keep going - you'll probably have a big drop in a couple of days.

Glad to see more folks poking their noses in here - it was getting kinda lonely! Good luck to all.

I have magic scale- I lost 10 lbs just by using it. It's been in the closet for quite some time and I was weighing myself at a friends. Well, there's no way I lost 10 lbs in the past week. I'll give you 5 if you include water weight (I'm eating much better) and exercise (which I'm actually doing now). But not 10.

I have a Dr appt today and I'll check their weight against my scale when I get home.

I'll be very happy if I didn't hit the max weight I thought I hit...

Congrats on getting back into the swing of things Trucker Girl. The starting can be so hard, at least for me. I find that once I am able to start, it is okay because my body starts to crave the exercise, good food and, basically, the positive attention that it is getting. So I keep going because my body is crying out for it. I know it sounds weird, but I feel it if I don't go to the gym or I eat "wrong".

I got home from work last night and hit the gym, and in logging my exercise, my calorie allotment went up to 1,000 additional calories for the day (meaning I could eat 1000 calories more). I was surprised but happy as I was really craving a dinner out where I just ate with moderate "reckless abandon." I told my husband this and we sat trying to figure out where to go. Not Mexican as I didn't want to fall completely off the wagon, Thai or Japanese were looking like good contenders. So we decided Shabu Shabu house (Japanese food).......but then we just sat there. Like we just couldn't move. We ultimately went out for some groceries and I made a toasted sub (with roasted turkey) and I bought a brownie. I ate 1/2 of the sub then picked out the rest of the turkey and ate 1/2 of the brownie that, while it was good, I choked it down because I thought I wanted something junkie. I didn't really have the taste for it.

Strange how that works. Anyhow .......... I am verbous because I am tired.

:wave-smil
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE!!
:wave-smil

I ate 1/2 of the sub then picked out the rest of the turkey and ate 1/2 of the brownie that, while it was good, I choked it down because I thought I wanted something junkie. I didn't really have the taste for it.

The last splurge day I had, my daughter commented on the fact that I really didn't eat that much. I kept nibbling at things I thought I wanted - but I didn't eat much more than a much more than a few bites of most things - they didn't really seem interesting enough to waste the calories on.

I always like getting to that point - where a slice of plain whole grain bread tastes better than a candy bar or a fried croissant (and is really filling, too).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom