Question from Ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barracuda2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi all, Years ago, late 70's early 80's, I used to dive with Reef Raiders, Key West, located right at Mile Marker 1. The owner was Frank Piabacello (sp), a colorful Greek. I was just wondering what ever happened to him or the dive op. I did a little search, but could not find anything. Perhaps some of you older natives down in the keys can fill me in. I have lots of great memories from that time and place. Reef Raiders had to be one of the pioneers in dive ops down there. Thanks for any info you may have.

Hi all, Years ago, late 70's early 80's, I used to dive with Reef Raiders, Key West, located right at Mile Marker 1. The owner was Frank Piabacello (sp), a colorful Greek. I was just wondering what ever happened to him or the dive op. I did a little search, but could not find anything. Perhaps some of you older natives down in the keys can fill me in. I have lots of great memories from that time and place. Reef Raiders had to be one of the pioneers in dive ops down there. Thanks for any info you may have.

No answers yet?----Man, I must be getting old.:11: Nah, I don't get older; I get better.:eyebrow:

Well if this does not work try to start a thread with the name and location of the dive op. as the title.
Good luck
Kim P

From:Florida Keys Scuba Diving About Us (Found with a google search of Reef Raiders, Key West)
Apparently the domain cited is for sale.
The Pacey family came to Key West during the Christmas of 1995 with the intention of buying a condo. They ended up buying to slips at the Oceanside Marina on Stock Island instead, and within a year they owned the Reef Raiders scuba diving and snorkel business at Conch Harbor.

From:Florida Keys Scuba Diving About Us (Found with a google search of Reef Raiders, Key West)
Apparently the domain cited is for sale.

Thanks paulwall. I did a google search too, but didn't go far enough I guess. I still would like to know what happened to the original owner, Frank P.; he may have died by this time, although he didn't seem to be that old back then. Ya'all have a great day.

Reef Raiders closed approx 2 years ago. Just shut the doors one day. I know the son was running it for a while, but I think Mom and Dad were ready to retire. I believe that they headed back up North, where I am not too certain. As a Dive Center Operator here in Key West I must say that they really did a nice job, but making a living here is getting harder and harder. I wish them the best if anyone happens to be able to reach them.
Mike
Subtropic Dive Center
Key West
1-800-853-3483

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom