Looking for Tampa Area Dive Locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to diving and I was wondering if you could give me some dive locations or charter groups around the Tampa area. I'm looking for nice open water stuff, no caves or swamps or anything. If you can recommend some stuff that would be great! Thanks :)

Missy,

The tampa folks have their own little subforum here....
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/greater-tampa-bay-area/

Generally good bunch of folks, Captain Ty runs a good boat out of that area, and MissDirected seems to be the resident cruise director... :), or at least social secretary....

They just had the megadive up at Ginnie Springs, and will probably have stuff going on all summer... A slew of us are doing the keys next weekend for our own little Sink-O de Mayo celebration...

Welcome to the board...

-Tim

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to diving and I was wondering if you could give me some dive locations or charter groups around the Tampa area. I'm looking for nice open water stuff, no caves or swamps or anything. If you can recommend some stuff that would be great! Thanks :)

Hello and welcome to the board. You and I are in the same area. Nice to have another local on here. As far as dives go. Scuba Quest runs a charter out of Bradenton. Not a bad outfit. I did most of my training through them but they are a bit of a cattle boat. Capt. Ty has the best reputation I've seen. I have never been out with him but as soon as there is a dive that I can make from is boat I will be there. He is based in St.Pete There are also a couple of shore dives in the Bradenton area as well as shark tooth diving in venice. There are even a few of us on here that have our own boats and dive off of them occasionally. The Tampa group is a pretty active one so dive buddies shouldn't be a problem.
If you're interested there is a get together tonight at the Bennigans on Dale Mabry just down from the stadium. It's just going to be a BS session to hang with some friend and celebrate our newest instructor (Narcosis) so you are more than welcome to attend. We have a seperate thread going for it in the Greater Tampa sub forum. If you need directions or anything just shoot me a PM and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Welcome again and happy diving to you. :D

Thanks for the info. Unfortunatly I didn't see the post about Bennigans until tongiht, but I was at a Relay for Life Event anyways. I hope to meet up wth you guys sometime in the future though.

You Tampa peps have all the fun :wink:
Welcome to the ScubaBoard DiverMissy if you get over to the east coast look me up :)

Here is a shore dive in the Tampa area :wink:

You can find seahorses here :)
Spanish Rocks
I-75 south from Tampa to the Bradenton/ State road 64 exit( there is an A and B so take the A exit it will head you toward the beach). You are going to take the exit toward the right. Stay on that road for about 8 miles or so until you get to Gulf Dr.( you will hit Gulf Dr. after you cross the intercostal waterway)You make a left on Gulf Dr. and take it down about 1/2 mile. Just before the curve to the left there is a beach access and parking. That is where you want to be. It is a small sand lot between some houses and apartments. Just pull in there and park. Gear up walk down the beach to the left about 50 yards (6 houses) enter the water swim out about 50 yards and dive max depths 22ft.
Google Maps
Google Maps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom