Diving in the Jacksonville,FL area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This time of year, I believe only Atlantic Pro Divers is going out. However, this early in the season, they frequently have to scrub dives due to the weather. They tend to cater to spearfishers so you're pretty much limited to the sites they tend to frequent (mostly barges). There are other charter operators that start going out in mid-May.
Otherwise, the springs are only about a 2 hour drive...

The Diamond Diver is a charter boat you might want to check out. I think they are afiliated with Diver's Den in Georgia but anyways they dive offshore Jacksonville. Some of my favorite dive sites include The Anna (225' freighter), Blackmar's Reef, Harm's Ledge, AmberJack Hole, East Fourteens and Fifteens.....I have too many, it all depends on how deep and how far out and what type of diving you want to do!

I don't think Diamond Diver is still legal.He ran into a bouy and the USCG snatched his liscense.
Vis has been bad lately but it's about time for 3 months of good diving before the lobster season thermoclines.

Haha! Really? It seems Northeast Florida can never keep a sizeable fleet of dive charters. Oh well, I have had a few problems with DD getting way too close to my boat when diving anyway. One time we were getting ready to dive, about to get in the water when he pulls up to the dive site and drops a whole boat load of divers right next to me. For some reason, diving with 15 other spearfishermen just ruins the experience for me...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom