Liveaboard to the Deep South

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juho

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anybody have experience of going with a liveaboard to the Deep South of Egyptian Red Sea mid-summer? I've been in a liveaboard around Northern Egyptian Red Sea and one week out of Port Sudan but I still want to explore Daedalus, Elphinestone and other best places in the Egyptian side.

Tentatively I'd go around August - is that too hot time of the year? I did the diving in Sudan at the end of May and some hammerheads around, not too many though. I'd appreciate tips on boats (I don't care about luxury, 4-5 dives per day with nitrox capabilities would be ok) to go with and also comments about the best timing. Big pelagics, especially Oceanic White Tips would be on the top of the list to see.

We went in June last year and the weather was OK - not too hot. On board you are always kept cooler by the sea breeze.

Daedelus was great for hammerheads and other sharks and overall we had a super trip. Also saw mantas and generally good diving.

We were on board Emperor Serenity - have contacts with Emperor and can recommend any of their boats. Plenty of diving, a good mix of people and the food was good. All of their boats have nitrox, generally free.

Fell free to contact me if you want any more info.

I went on Serenity to the Brothers, Daedalous and Elphinstone last August. It was hot, but the breeze was cooling enough, and I just drank lots of water.

As the previous poster said, good boat, good food, etc, etc.

We saw plenty of hammers on Daedalous, grey reefs on Little Brother, thought Elphinstone isn't as good as it used to be, when only liveaboards could visit. Too many dayboats now have seen off most of the sharks, though go in September, October or early November and you should have the oceanic whitetips on the plateau.

Mark

I did a trip with one of the Blue O Two boats in November. They have a variety of southern itineraries. Check them out. Nice boats and good solid operation.

Scuba Diving Holidays

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom