Uwatec Bottom Timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tekkie

Reaction score
Hey,
I have a question about a uwatec bottem timmer / depth gauage I got about a month ago. The manual says that the gauage is in meters but when I turn it on the temepture is desplayed in F. Does this mean that my gauage is in imperial, because I don't think they would have meters with F degrees(wouldn't it be in C?) if it was meters? Has anyone had experiance with the uwatec bottem timmer / depth gauage.
Thanks
Tekkie

did you get it from leisure pro? I recently ordered one from them in non metric format . but when I got it the manual only mentioned metric .I called them and they said it was indeed not metric. I suspect they are getting the manuals and timers different places which is fine with me .I will be diving with it this week and then I will know for sure .
joens

No,
I got mine from my LDS, I guess that the manuals are printed somewere else because I have the same problem. Does your BT show the tempeture in farinhigh when you turn it on joens?
Thanks
Tekkie

When I was going to buy one from an LDS it was quite obvious when I turned it on that it was imperial - can't remember now as I have not got it to hand but one thing that would point to it is temperature but I think I could see other things.

LDS was not very happy when I didn't buy it - not very happy with OMS that is as he had to send it back as we are all metric out here....

Jonathan

If you scroll thru the longged dives on a brand new Uwatec bottom timer there should be one logged dive where the company tested it. It should be a like a 260 foot dive. If its a dive in the 260 range then your bottom timer is in in feet. Let me know if this helps.

I have one, and mine is imperial, not metric. I dont know if they have a metric version......

Hmmmm....

I have a metric one and it shows the temp in degrees C. So I would assume that if yours is showing degrees F that it would be imperial.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom