Aqua Lung Pearl i3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAddictedLisa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I tried this on at my LDS last weekend, and I really liked the fit. I also was intrigued by the fact that the hose connection is down on the lower left side, rather than over the shoulders. But I wonder, does this really make a difference, when the hoses are going to be coming out of the top of the tank anyway?

Pearl i3

What are your thoughts on this? I'm in the market for a BC, and since I'm small, I need one that will not overwhelm me.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :D

On a i3 BC, the LP hose for the power inflater is routed using velcro straps, parallel to the tank (on your back), and around your hip to the i3 inflater. So the hose will not come over your shoulder as a normal hose does.

So do you need longer hoses to get from tank to BC?

Lisa,

My wife went with the whole line up for female divers from Aqualung. She really enjoyed the comfort and the performance of their equipment. She tried out the BC and along with other products at a LDS pool.

Here are pics of the Aqualung pearl i3; she went with the aqua marine, they come in three colors

MG

i6fokk.jpg

2wfuwp2.jpg

4g5jyv.jpg

23u1sgw.jpg

2wdsolz.jpg

ac8o50.jpg

34zh7gh.jpg

2nrdnnl.jpg

vxjjgx.jpg

So wait, let me get this straight ...

She likes the Aqua Lung brand?! :D

:rofl3:

I guess that's a pretty good endorsement!

So wait, let me get this straight ...

She likes the Aqua Lung brand?! :D

:rofl3:

I guess that's a pretty good endorsement!

Lisa,

You ask for an opinion on the Pearl correct? And since I'm a big fan of Aqualung, and dove their equipment since Sept 07 and have 35 dives in Monterey, I can only say they are awesome.

I dive the brother to the Pearl i3 which is the Pro QD i3 and only have great things to say regarding efficiency and durability etc.

The Pearl is built on those same features of excellence. :wink:

I personally dive an Aqualung regulator and their BC; the rest of my equipment is Pinnacles, Oceanic, and Atomics.

Unfortunately my wife likes fashion more than me and fell in love with the Aqua color theme. Her fins are Atomic but the rest is Aqualung, she is too :14: for me !!! :rofl3:

Anyway,

You did ask about the inflate hose, it has it's own channel off to the side away from the shoulders. The Pearl ships with it's own hose because typical inflate hoses are much shorter. The longer hose makes a longer run from your first stage all the way down to the i3 lever.

Remember that the inflate/deflate lever on the i3 is a preference and nothing more; there are many more divers that prefer traditional inflate hoses, you might want to make sure you are comfortable with the i3 before you purchase one. You don't want to jump the gun and be confused with your gear in the water. :confused:

Mike, thanks!! I am going to see if I can try out the Pearl i3 in the pool at my LDS before I purchase just to see if I like the inflating/deflating being in a different position.

Lisa, just make sure, if you buy this, that your pre-dive discussion with your buddy includes carefully showing him or her how this inflator/deflator mechanism works. There aren't many of these out there yet, and a lot of people won't have any clue if they need to assist you in an emergency.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom