any one every dive with hidden worlds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took their little tourist experience and that's what got me hooked. I have never known anyone who took cave diving courses from them, and they don't list their staff on their website. I can't recommend them and I can't un-recommend them. I can recommend Aquatech, just down the road from them. They have some excellent instructors. Their website is

www.cenotes.com

I took basic ow from Gonzallo there, and I went back and dived their caves with Gonzallo in December. He is a great instructor, but only teaches cavern I believe. Are you going for the whole course or just cavern? They have a number of highly qualified instructors and they list their qualifications on their website.

Mexico training would be great for bouancy, and the caves are beautiful.

scubadude_eric once bubbled...
Im thinking about taking a dive course with hidden worlds in mexico. Any one every have any good or bad experience with them?

www.hiddenworlds.com

Where's MHK, I think he's been diving with them.

I was there a few years ago, Right after my Cavern cert. we dove with a guy by the name of Gregg Brown who said he used to work for Hidden Worlds but , he was then working for Akumal Dive Adventures .
He was telling us the only thing he really didnt like about Hidden worlds is that they limit there Dives to 30 minutes max!
Because there is another group waiting in line.
We were getting well over an Hour Dives in and had a great time. As far as there Instructors , I dont know.

Dove with a guide called Chimo...

He was great. Awesome bouyancy control.

It was my first two dives after certification and I enjoyed it.

We did our first cenote/cavern dive with Hidden Worlds in December. Our guide, Jeff (don't know last name but he's from TX), was great. Our first dive was just the two of us with Jeff and it was about 50 minutes. The second dive was 4 divers and Jeff and it was 35 minutes. We were not rushed. Jeff told us the 2nd dive should have been about 45 min but one of the divers was having ear problems so the dive was ended. There was a group waiting when we exited, but no tight schedule or rushing with short dives or anything like that. It was a bit touristy with the jungle truck ride out I guess, but the Hidden Worlds dive in Dos Ojos and Bat Cave sure seemd great to us. A wonderful introduction, and it's peaked my interest in cavern diving. We're going back to Akumal later this year and want to dive another couple cenotes/caverns. Depending on how that goes, I may take a course.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom