Hole in the wall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crabby cappy

Registered
Reaction score
While fishing off jupiter yesterday in a fleet of 100 boat, a local charter dropped his dive crew in the middle of the fleet. I just want to know what the diver thinks when he jumps in the water around the fishing fleet. Of course the fishermen were mad, comments on the radio prove that. I just want to know whose the idiot is, the one who takes them there or the one who jumps......

your not a diver are you

I want to know what the 100 boats of fishermen were thinking parking over the divers' dive site??!?

Ok sorry, I know you shouldn't feed trolls so I should be quiet :p But yea, perhaps instead of signing up to a large forum just to complain to a small group of people who jumped in the middle of your fishing spot, you should have rung the dive charter and talked to them about it?

Hmmm. Which idiot local charter boat was it? It could have been the Sea Shepherd folks trying to save tuna...

Uh-huh. Sounds like a fisherman looking to rant. Personally, I'd look for another dive spot.

I am a inactive scuba instructor, a dive charter capt. for 20+ yr and did call the shop because the boat didnt have the radio on. I just wanted to know if a diver gets hurt whould it be the dive boat, diver or fisherman falt. And yes I like to fish......

I have seen several occasions where a charter took us to the announced wreck site, and fisherman in the vicinity became pissed off after we tied off an the dive flag was flown.

Howver, crabby cappy does bring to mind a question I have always had, what if the fishermen are parked directly over a wreck for which the dive charter captain has a boat full of people who paid specifically to dive that wreck? Never seen this happen where a direct confrontation was required, but sounds basically like what may have happened at the Hole In The Wall.

Thank you Hlsooner, I don't think the dive flag was meant to be used to claim space,
I think most would be like Garrobo and go to another spot. I watch this happen many times and I spent my fishing time watching the divers pop up, no markers and boats dodging them. there is current in Jupiter at the edge and many divers are lost. Made me think who's at fault dive boat, diver or the fisherman that hits them...

Crabby,

You move around alot for an inactive scuba instructor. 1st you want to stir the pot down in Key West and now you are sirring the pot on the blue hole. What is your beef? This is a freindly forum and we don't need this on this message board.

T

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom