Replacing the Halcyon Stainless Steel Inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deltat

Registered
Reaction score
So I want to replace my Halcyon stainless steel BC inflater with something more reliable. I've heard the Scubapro power inflater works well, but I can't find any links online to purchase.

Does anyone have any good suggestions? If you do, please provide links to online shops so I can buy the part.

Rather then deal with the LDS, I should just be able to install this with a few zip ties.

I don't think he's looking for an Air2...

I had mine replaced this year by my LDS.

You might give Leisurepro a call. They don't show in their catalog but they sell SP BCs so they should have them. I've picked up a couple on ebay. New style and old style are the same internal parts and operation. LDS will probably want about $80. Less than half that on ebay.

You might give Leisurepro a call. They don't show in their catalog but they sell SP BCs so they should have them. I've picked up a couple on ebay. New style and old style are the same internal parts and operation. LDS will probably want about $80. Less than half that on ebay.

What should I be searching for on eBay?

FYI - I'm not looking to breathe off the inflater, I just want the most dependable one out there.

I usually just search on "scubapro" and "scuba pro". With the new ebay categories, these are probably the easiest and most reliable searches. "inflater" may get you a blowup girlfriend. They are not a real common item so you may want to think weeks or even months of searching.

You are looking for the "Scubapro Balanced Inflator". They are the s**t! Keep an eye out on Ebay, as they come up every other week or so. You can generally get them for $40-50 new with the inflator hose. Retail is something crazy like $90. They are fully rebuildable, buttons and all.

You are looking for the "Scubapro Balanced Inflator". They are the s**t! Keep an eye out on Ebay, as they come up every other week or so. You can generally get them for $40-50 new with the inflator hose. Retail is something crazy like $90. They are fully rebuildable, buttons and all.

Thanks!

Remember, just because you know the proper name, don't count on the seller also knowing it. Good Luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom