Atmos AI and XT (and Oceanic GT3) questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LaCroix42

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just purchased my gear loadout and opened the box in anxious expectation to find... My Atmos AI, my (non DVT) CDX-5 with a GT3, Slimline Octo and Atmos AI. And a warranty card.

I assume, based on browsing the store where I got my OW cert and other LDSs that the regs and computer come in a box. I assume that, at minimum, the computer comes with a manual, based on the fact that Aeris' website has it online and it has a cling film admonition to not use the unit prior to reading the manual. I further assume that the answer I expect to receive ("Well, you have access to the internet, right?") is not the one that Aeris would care to portray their customer service as, and would expect their sales channels to not proffer.

For the rest of the forum, am I being an overly annoying customer here by wanting (to me, as a new diver) little things like MANUALS with the equipment that I order? Perhaps ALL of the warranty cards, in case something should befall one of them?

Thank you all.

You have every right to be annoyed. Call'em up and tell them you want all your manuels and all your warranty cards.

AERIS supplies all operating manuals with the product. We have recently gone to strictly online "product registration" - your manuals, should you have them outline that a sales receipt from an authorized dealer is all that you'll need for warranty purposes. Online registration allows us to contact you in the event there is an issue with your product (and an option to receive other promo emails - only if you choose to receive such). Your dealer should have provided all manuals with the product - if they're not able to - give our customer service department a shout.

AERIS supplies all operating manuals with the product. We have recently gone to strictly online "product registration" - your manuals, should you have them outline that a sales receipt from an authorized dealer is all that you'll need for warranty purposes. Online registration allows us to contact you in the event there is an issue with your product (and an option to receive other promo emails - only if you choose to receive such). Your dealer should have provided all manuals with the product - if they're not able to - give our customer service department a shout.

Thank you Mr. Krause. I spoke with the dealer today, and managed to get the sales person I dealt with when ordering. When I asked if I might get the manuals for my equipment, her response was "You're kidding, right?" She said she would get the correct manuals and in the mail to me today.

I must say that I was a bit chagrinned when I read my warranty card today and it states "I, _____, acknowledge that I have received all instructional materials and warranty information for these products..."

Back
Top Bottom