Bay of Fundy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peter k

Reaction score
I was reading about this place the other day and was wondering if it can be done as a drift dive or is this just a stupid question?:wacko:

Peter

Thanks Peter,

I'd just read about it in a book and with a tidal difference of 14mtrs at springs it looked like it might be fun for a reasonably:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: quick drifter.

Peter

We were in Nova Scotia near the Minas Basin and even if you don't dive, the area is simply AMAZING! After seeing that water my guess is the visibility is ZERO, talk about a churning, boiling brown mess! Would be interesting for a "been there done that" entry in the log book though.
Ber :bunny:

Peter,

The bay of Fundy is AMAZING and the tides are beyond belief … from “ocean” to “mudflats” in a few hours … (they go mudsliding there all the time). I’ve hiked the area, but haven’t done any diving there. However I have a friend (EMT) who lives in N.S. and does dive (He brought up a 10+lb lobster there last year) so if you really want info I’d be happy to connect the two of you.

~ Paul

P.S. I wonder where Mary has gotten to?

peter k:
I was reading about this place the other day and was wondering if it can be done as a drift dive or is this just a stupid question?:wacko:

Peter
well peter i have been diving the bay of fundy for over 12 years now ... there are drift dives .... regular type diving ... boat diving...shore diving .. in my opinion it is world class for its fauna and flora... very nutiant rich waters due to the high tidal flows... cheers

Diving is super.. some places require you dive in a certain window.. other places do not. But as Sharks Friend said it;s world class diving around here. I have on.y been diving for 2 years here and I love it.. every time I go out there is something new to see all the time. I am sure there are a number of divers around NB and NS who would be more then happy to take you out. GOod Luck

Sharks Friend:
well peter I have been diving the bay of fundy for over 12 years now ... there are drift dives .... regular type diving ... boat diving...shore diving .. in my opinion it is world class for its fauna and flora... very nutiant rich waters due to the high tidal flows... cheers

Have to agree. World class diving with tremendous marinelife. Currents can be wicked but drift dives are fine and diving at slack tide gives you plenty of time for easier dives.

Only problem in the area is finding a dive charter. Not many around, if any.

DSDO

Alan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom