rec vs venture wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pkaquatics

Registered
Reaction score
How can I tell if my LDS is selling me a new ('08) model wing vs. an older model. I noticed on your web site that you have some BC2074 - '07 rec. wings for spring sale. Do the '08's have a different model # or should I feel comfortable with the '07 model regardless? It just seems like a substantial price difference which I don't have a problem paying as long as I'm paying for a current model.

How can I tell if my LDS is selling me a new ('08) model wing vs. an older model. I noticed on your web site that you have some BC2074 - '07 rec. wings for spring sale. Do the '08's have a different model # or should I feel comfortable with the '07 model regardless? It just seems like a substantial price difference which I don't have a problem paying as long as I'm paying for a current model.

Hey PK,

Good question. The BC2074 Rec Wing is being slightly modified this spring. We have added a small clip to the bottom sides of the wing that can be used with our "Retainer Hook & Loop System". You can read more about it on Lamar's BLOG at Dive Rite - Dive Rite’s online journal exploring the latest in technical diving

There is nothing wrong with our 2007 model Rec Wing...it just depends if you think you will want to use the Hook & Loop System. Otherwise, nothing has changed on the wing.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,
Kathleen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom