Snorkel Dania Beach Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divergirl4U

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My friend (non-diver) would like to take her boat to a shallow reef to snorkel in The Dania Beach area, do you know any good spots?

It's really nice off the pier; shallow and lots of life. Sorry, I don't have the coordinates anymore but it's easy to find. She can see the shallow sections on a navigational map. If she has a fishfinder, simply running slowly east and west will find the ledges. Heck, on a clear day she can just see the coral heads from the boat. :wink:

I also found this, I don't have time to play with it but it seems useful. :D

you could probably snorkel fine on the erojacks there too.

I went snorkeling off of Barracuda reef last weekend and it was nice. That is straight out from Dania beach. There are mooring balls there.

If you go south of the Dania Beach parking lot, past the condo and the houses to where the road turns, you will see some white balls out there. This is the mitigation area where they dropped lots of large boulders. It's an OK snorkel.

Thanks DennisS .. it looks pretty close to shore from the Satellight view on google :wink:

Thanks DennisS .. it looks pretty close to shore from the Satellight view on google :wink:

The white balls are a little further east than the sandbar:no, that shows up, that is pretty impressive resolution, though not big enough to pick up soccer ball size buoys.

I was looking at the wrong thing when I thought it was a sandbar, it kind of starts at elm and goes south, It's just west of the first rubble reef, good sand bottom for anchor holding, I've never taken the boat there so I don't know if they're anchor buoys. I think I can see white dots on it, I think they might be the buoys, they mark the east side. It is close in, a good shore dive, but if you're looking for 8-10 ft you have to get within a couple hundred yards of the beach. Franklin St is where the last house is, it's straight out from there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom