Halcyon VS OMS (Who makes better bp/wing set up?)

And the winner izzzzzzzzz .......

• Halcyon

Votes: 26 74.3%
  • OMS

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hardly a fair fight...

there's hardly any difference between any backplate. Unless you're talking about those foolish oms wings with all the bungies and extra inflators and duel bladders, the there really isn't a huge difference in wings either. It's just a bag of air. They're all the same.

You must have missed the memo. The better the gear is, the more "H"s a manufacturer is allowed to put on it.

I've have dove both. Halcyon has one heck of a design. I stumbled upon them by accident as my LDS actually sells them and my instructor teaches in a Halcyon setup. Very simple. I've demo'd others since I've had my Halcyon and nothing impresses me enough to switch. I always go back to the Halcyon rig. I do agree with mangrove, Oxycheq is right up there in terms of wings.

So at 8:55am Central time H has a 12:1 lead over OMS in the polling. I believe this proves OMS is a better choice. The H folks were all home alone last night, surfing the internet and voting in online polls with all the other lonely losers. Those of us in the OMS crowd were all out partying with the supermodels that our obviously superior equipment attracts.

OMS wins.

I think their plates and STA are fantastic (OMS)...but in terms of wing quality/design the Hs have it!

Cheers.

-J.-

My OMS wing seems great. The bladder is removable (in case you ever broke it), and very durable. The fabric it is made from seems good. And it is not black!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom