Anyone diving with an Oceanics Probe LX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I currently use the model right before the probe lx. It is a great BC, i do a lot of niagara river drift diving and plenty of wreck diving in the great lakes. Right now im trying to decide if i want to go to the oceanic excursion or the probe lx when i buy my next BC, i love my probe but the excursion is basically the probe lx in a back inflation and im willing to try it. IMO oceanic makes an amazing BC.

I'm glad you said that, I was thinking the Probe was the back inflate...THANKS!!!!

I have a probe LX on order right now to replace my Probe which I just sold on ebay. The Probe fit me like a glove and was very comfortable. Had 2 large pockets, 2 small pockets in the front and then two small pockets in the back. One-way shoulder valve connected to the inflator hose kept water from getting in when I used the inflator hose dump cable to vent air. Had about 150 dives on this one and it served me well. Sold because it was getting a little faded from being in the pool a little too much.
I always found this BC to be very stable both underwater and at the surface. Yes, it is a jacket style.

Hi neighbor, I do the same type of diving (wreck, drift, spear fishing, etc.) you do in Ft. Lauderdale. If you have not already gotten one yet, they have them new and used on eBay for CHEAP. That's where I got my Probe. I've had it several years and it has served me well. It has plenty of lift and stable out of water, on the surface and underwater.

I just got my Excursion 3 days ago. Love the fit out of the water. Havent had a chance to get it wet yet.

Back
Top Bottom