Ch ch ch changes...those little goals we make

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm starting a separate thread so we have a dedicated place to announce the changes, big or small, we are making in our lives as we walk down the path to getting fitter and healthier. They tend to get lost in the bigger thread! Maybe we should make it a weekly /monthly or whatever "goal" thread - list the new goals we have and check in with how we're doing. I don't know, but in my mind this thread seems like a good idea for me, at least!

My first change goals starting right this minute:
- no more than two cokes or parts of cokes/day
- at least 2L water/day
- hit my nine fruit/veg a day

My coke consumption has risen again and it's just totally out of habit. I even hear myself saying "I'm not really enjoying this, why am I drinking it" as I have another sip! Now that's just dumb LOL

I do pretty well on water most days but could be better and I always feel so much better if I've taken in water all day. Again, seems like a no brainer to me!

I've been slack on this, only getting about 4-6 serves/day. Did a good shop the other day and have been up to 6 or 7 serves for the past couple of days so I think I can do this.

great idea Alcina....

ive started back at training a few months ago and wasnt putting into it what i should have, group outdoor sessions Step into Life - Group Outdoor Personal Training - 1300 134 136 so the trainer has a 8 week fitness focus chick group with weekly weighins, checkups and general kick up the bum

i have increased my weekly training sessions for the next 8 weeks to FOUR sessions per week plus i have weekly food goals to achieve

week one: no oak strawberry flavoured milk and no gloria jeans hot chocolates

i will post each weeks food goal week by week!

Ack - giving up hot chocolates as we come into winter :( I envy you having the opportunities you have, though. We have nothing here and it's all do it yourself - no support groups or things you commit to outside of what you create yourself. Some days it would be nice to think "I can't really blow that class off!" LOL

I'm not giving up anything because, as long as I can resist buying it, it won't be around! I'm trying to shrink my portions- I've been eating huge portions.

Once John gets back home, I'll be in trouble, though. He tends to buy junk food (Oreos, candy, etc) and he doesn't eat them. And those danged cookies sit on the counter talking to me... whispering sweet nothings... singing lullabies... it's just terribly tempting...

So- my goal with that is to move it all out to the garage. He wants Oreos? He can eat them in the garage (man territory- it's his play room). I'd have to overcome the back door (which sticks), the walk of shame, the garage lock (automatically locks- and a bit of a pain to open) and my new Food Diary.

I'm going right now, btw, to see if there's a good food diary on Facebook- I used one last fall for about a day but it didn't seem like the portioning was right. I'll look again.

Curious- has nothing to do with this particular thread, but why is there a sticky fitness list of folks who want to be part of the weigh-ins and fitness challenge that's closed? I'm not on the list- I don't need to be, but I was thinking about suggesting maybe weekly PMs- can that be set up automatically?

So, on Thursdays (or Wednesdays- as a heads up- or whatever since we have so many different time zones), you'd get a PM in your inbox saying "weekly weigh in- don't forget!"

I don't know if that can be done through the SB newsletter- my site's newsletter is one rate for unlimited emails as an "opt in" newsletter- so you can take yourself off the list at any time. I don't mind setting that up, actually, but wondered if that's something that can be done through SB "officially."

It would help me- and remind me that I do have goals etc. It's easy to let yourself forget that you're supposed to be inspired, you know?

that list is very very old... obsolete by now i would say

and why is your hubby buying cookies and stuff if he doesnt it it - ENABLER!!!

in fact, you should phone him now and you tell him i yell ENALBER at him and he ISNT to bring that crap into the house

and i know what you mean... about it talking to you

so tomorrow is my week 2, i have to come up with a new food goal

week one almost finished - and ive not had flavoured milk or hot choc once... in fact, almost a week without chocolate!

I want to lose 10 more lbs before I leave for Galapagos June 4. I've lost 5.5 since March 31. Don't know if I can do it but I've been writing all my food down, watching portions, doing strength training and intervals at least 4 times a week consistently since 3/31. I always seem to mess up somehow for some reason before reaching my goal and I hope not to do that this time. And AW, after I got home from i had put back about 10 lbs. Can you believe how stupid I was? ARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

I've been slacking waaaay too much, but I have stuck with walking 2 miles per day. Still I really need to be lifting as well.

There is a point in life when exercise becomes a waste of time. Health is simply a precursor to cancer, stroke or some other twitching awful.

The trick is figuring out just what age that is...

Until I do, I guess I'll just have to huff & puff on a regular basis, LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom