South Florida Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMC99

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm heading to Fort Lauderdale next month and wanted to add a couple of days of diving. Is Fort Lauderdale diving worth it or should I drive down to the Keys?

I have dove the Keys before, and while not that impressed with shallow diving from cattle boats, at least I know what I'm in for there.

Do both... The key largo is only 1.5 hrs from ft lauderdale. I just moved to lauderdale and have found the diving to be nice. Lots of great wrecks and usally not crowed at all.

When you come post whatever you choose I am sure you will be abale to find lots of buddies from the board to go.

I'm heading to Fort Lauderdale next month and wanted to add a couple of days of diving. Is Fort Lauderdale diving worth it or should I drive down to the Keys?

I have dove the Keys before, and while not that impressed with shallow diving from cattle boats, at least I know what I'm in for there.

You'd really like diving in Boynton Beach as there's some nice six pack boats and the reefs are a little more dynamic IMO (healthier and better ledges). Fort Lauderdale has a couple dozen wrecks in the 60-125' range that are a lot of fun as well.

You'd really like diving in Boynton Beach as there's some nice six pack boats and the reefs are a little more dynamic IMO (healthier and better ledges). Fort Lauderdale has a couple dozen wrecks in the 60-125' range that are a lot of fun as well.
100% agree -

In fact, I'd even consider going a little further north to Jupiter - I think the reefs are nicer in Boynton, but in Jupiter you have the opportunity to see some big stuff fish wise

In the Boynton (Lantana, actually) area, I've used Starfish Enterprise (excellent operator; great operation) and in Jupiter, Jupiter Dive Center

I think both of these areas, while close to Ft lauderdale, can offer a superior experience.

I'd have to agree about Boynton Beach. I've gone with Underwater Explorers - ScubaKevDM (the owner) is also an active scubaboard member.

Thanks to all for your comments and advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom