If I can't get Zeagle...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seoultrain

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I live in Korea where scuba gear is ridiculously expensive, eg. a Scubapro Knighhawk retails for >$1100 here. I'm not going to buy a BC here, but before my next dive trip I have the opportunity to buy something in Hong Kong or Kota Kinabalu (on my way to Sipadan).

Pretty sure I can't get Zeagle in either place (please correct me if i'm wrong..) and all the posts on here asking for which brand always get the response to buy a Zeagle. Also the upgradability of Zeagle probably won't work for me cause I'm not in a country where I can get the service.

So....assuming I can't get a Zeagle, what brands should I be looking at for a decent back inflatable BC? Scubapro, Oceanic, Aeris, SeaQuest, Tusa, Mares? I want something light to travel with, doesn't have to have great lift cabailities cause I only dive warm water (warm enough that I don't bother with wetsuits) but I want integrated releasable weights.

Would love to hear people's opinions and suggestions! Don't mind spending on quality equipment but would rather buy an understated brand than pay up for a label.

Seoultrain.

I live in Korea where scuba gear is ridiculously expensive, eg. a Scubapro Knighhawk retails for >$1100 here. I'm not going to buy a BC here, but before my next dive trip I have the opportunity to buy something in Hong Kong or Kota Kinabalu (on my way to Sipadan).

Pretty sure I can't get Zeagle in either place (please correct me if i'm wrong..) and all the posts on here asking for which brand always get the response to buy a Zeagle. Also the upgradability of Zeagle probably won't work for me cause I'm not in a country where I can get the service.

So....assuming I can't get a Zeagle, what brands should I be looking at for a decent back inflatable BC? Scubapro, Oceanic, Aeris, SeaQuest, Tusa, Mares? I want something light to travel with, doesn't have to have great lift cabailities cause I only dive warm water (warm enough that I don't bother with wetsuits) but I want integrated releasable weights.

Would love to hear people's opinions and suggestions! Don't mind spending on quality equipment but would rather buy an understated brand than pay up for a label.

Seoultrain.

DiveRite has a dealer in Seoul, Korea and Hong Kong. Look here. I have a Transpac and like it a lot. You might consider ordering form here because they have a sale on Transpac harnesses going on right now.

Aquatek Korea (Distributor)
2f Joy Bld. 195-1 Poi-dong
Gangnam-gu Seoul
Korea
Phone: (82) 24870894
www.aquatek.co.kr

Guys, thanks for the offers for used equipment, and the link to the HK shop. Unfortunately I'm a large, and anyway I think i want to go new.

Looks like Dive right only does BP/W, but useful to know there is a dealer here

no other recommendations out there?

ST

Guys, thanks for the offers for used equipment, and the link to the HK shop. Unfortunately I'm a large, and anyway I think i want to go new.

Looks like Dive right only does BP/W, but useful to know there is a dealer here

no other recommendations out there?

ST

The Transpac isn't a bp/w. Perish the thought. It has a softpac not a hard plate. BTW: I have a Stiletto too. I like it just as well so from my perpective, either is an excellent choice.

The only real service a BCD needs is to have the inflator cleaned once in a while. Any shop should be able to do that for you when needed. Cleaning the pull dumps is easy and is a DIY. I would just buy the zeagle system you want and be done with it. There are several board sponsors who sell them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom