Performance of Zeagle's BP donut wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joseph R.

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone used Zeagle’s backplate donut wing for single tank diving? I’m setting up a backplate system for single tank diving and I haven’t found a lot of information on the performance of the Zeagle donut wing. My concern is the 44 lb lift may be a little much for the type of diving I do. I do mostly warm water diving with a Sherwood jacket style BC, 3mm wetsuit and 10 lb of weight.

I know OxyCheq and DSS make great wings but I would like to support my LDS.

I looked at it at DEMA. Did not like the bunge cord. I use one of the all-elastic-bladders with my plate. However, I had a panel sewn into to it so that I could mount to the plate without using the bolts and nuts. It makes for a nice streamlined rig.

I do mostly warm water diving with a Sherwood jacket style BC, 3mm wetsuit and 10 lb of weight.

The minimum required wing lift is mostly a function of the buoyancy of your exposure suit.

In warm water with thin suits you can use a very small wing, often 17-20 lbs is more than enough.

Tobin

...can this apparently new donut wing from Zeagle 'fit' a Zeagle Ranger ? (mines a few years old but in almost new condition and I might like to upgrade it.)

Thanks!

Karl

...can this apparently new donut wing from Zeagle 'fit' a Zeagle Ranger ? (mines a few years old but in almost new condition and I might like to upgrade it.)

Thanks!

Karl

Post that question in the Zeagle subforum, and I'm sure ScottZeagle can answer you.

Thanks for all the inputs.

Mmmmmm. Donut wing.

Back
Top Bottom