Canada Tax Credits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I had heard somewhere that PADI couses can be claimed for tax purposes. I checked around and haven't gotten any real concrete information on this. I was wondering if any other Canadian divers knows anything about this or if they've claimed anything themselves.

Rob

rspierenburg once bubbled...
I had heard somewhere that PADI couses can be claimed for tax purposes. I checked around and haven't gotten any real concrete information on this. I was wondering if any other Canadian divers knows anything about this or if they've claimed anything themselves.

Rob

If I understand it correctly, the only time you would be able claim the courses in Canada, if you take the course as part of your employment (eg employed as a Diving Pro). If you're taking the courses for your

I could be wrong -- it won't be the first or the last time I was.

If your dive shop is an acredited education institute, all of its courses and trips are tax deductable.

Burtons Dive in Ottawa (NAUI) is, not sure about any others. You can take 'fish identification' courses to exotic places and write of the thousands of dollars.. up to your education limit. Great way to save some cash.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom