Sashimi bottom fishing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjcoussens

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone done this? Heard anything good or bad? I've got some folks in town that want to do some fishing, but are on a tight budget. I think they would really like to do a big game charter, but the cost is way to high.

Thanks,

Matt

Has anyone done this? Heard anything good or bad? I've got some folks in town that want to do some fishing, but are on a tight budget. I think they would really like to do a big game charter, but the cost is way to high.

What is it?

Terry

Seems like the ban is focusing more on deepwater species such as onaga, opakapaka, etc. I don't think these are targets on the sashimi boat. From what I've heard it's mostly ta'ape, moana, and menpachi...I guess they mean bottom fishing the reefs outside of kewalo. I made the reservations and I'll report back with how it went.

Matt

To close this out: we went Saturday afternoon, only two of our group of four caught anything (triggers) and the captain was a bit of an a55. It was still fun though.

Matt

Matt, thanks for the report. I think they are the only bottom fishing out of Kewalos. I often seen their advertisments in the magazines in Waikiki. Maybe the Capt. is under tuff times. when I used to have a boat, I went out there and after you chum the water- 10 minutes, the haggies and humuhumus come around. 30-60ft. water. 80-100ft. you get the moanas (goatfish).

Rod

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom