Trip to the Keys, Need Good Places To Stay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZ_Zoner

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm going to be spending a week in the Keys and want to spend some time in a few places. I've got Key Largo figured out but need some input on a place to stay around Marathon and then in Key West. I've looked at several web sites but would like some real input on places for two, Wife and I, that not going to kill us on price but is nice. I'm NOT looking for a resort with lots of people. We'd prefer a small place with a few rooms or cottages. A B&B in Key West would be good. We'll be heading down on May 24th.

Also, Any good wrecks around Marathon? We were hoping for the Vandenberg but I guess that delayed.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Craig

Heading back, huh? When are you going to visit the north part of the state? The springs are unbelievable!

Heading back, huh? When are you going to visit the north part of the state? The springs are unbelievable!

I've been on at least a half dozen trip to the keys with the guys over the last couple of years so my wife is finally thinking that she needs to see why we like it. Now if I could only get her diving doubles.

So how's life treating you down there?

Craig

I'm going to be spending a week in the Keys and want to spend some time in a few places. I've got Key Largo figured out but need some input on a place to stay around Marathon and then in Key West. I've looked at several web sites but would like some real input on places for two, Wife and I, that not going to kill us on price but is nice. I'm NOT looking for a resort with lots of people. We'd prefer a small place with a few rooms or cottages. A B&B in Key West would be good. We'll be heading down on May 24th.

Craig

In Key West, if you don't mind a place that is not close to the water, but is a couple of blocks off Duval Street (the main blvd.), then you may want to look into staying at Heron House (www. heronhouse.com). They have two locations, Heron House and Heron House Court. I stayed at Heron House a few years ago and was very pleased.

I've been on at least a half dozen trip to the keys with the guys over the last couple of years so my wife is finally thinking that she needs to see why we like it. Now if I could only get her diving doubles.

So how's life treating you down there?

Craig

You'll never go on another trip to the keys without her now! Get her in a sidemount rig. It's easier on the back and not as daunting because you don't have to walk it anywhere.

Life is great. Diving clear water every week, sometimes several times a week. Just got off a work stretch and planning on being in the water all weekend through Monday! I'll have to head down to the keys sometime when you're over this way and do some wreck dives with you. You should plan a trip to N. Florida to see the springs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom