Seaquest Balance Drying Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vagabonding

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have a Seaquest Balance BCD that I've only used on two recent trips. I'm fairly happy with the BCD, but I'm having some difficulty in drying the thing. It took a week and a half to get the foam insert that rests behind the back to fully dry. I tried hanging it in different spots and positions, and even shoved a rag into the back of the bcd with little luck.

Do any of you that own this BCD or a similar one have this problem? Any suggestions are more that welcome. The only thing I could think of was to cut out the foam insert. Seaquest and my lds have been less than helpful.

Thanks!

Ben

Where did you have it sitting where it took that long to dry, in a steam room?

When I had one it never took more than a day or so to dry. Put it somewhere that air can circulate around it. Maybe blow a fan on it. Moving air will help a ton. Putting it in the basement, bathroom, small laundry room, etc will yield the results you've seen.

I just stick mine on the back porch for a couple of hours and it's dry. Never had a problem.

I have owned my balance for almost ten years and never have any problems with it drying. As stated in a previous reply, make sure that you hang it somewhere with adequate ventilation, that's what I do,too. Good luck.

I have a balance that is only about 3 months old (if that and after use I hang i tin my shower over night and it is dry by the next day.

Are you hanging it on a proper BCD hangar to keep things opened up?

I hang mine outside and its always dried within a couple of days (even when its damp and foggy). Actually hanging it is good, though.

I have had a Balance for almost 10 years also and never had a problem getting it dried. 2 days and mine is good to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom