Diving South Newfoundland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingmoose

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
:speargun:
We are headed for THE ROCK on the South coast a little north of Marystown this summer for about 5 weeks We need help finding air we dove the area last summer we found air in Beurn Fire hall they were there when we needed but a little hard to contact.
We are driving from Argeanca ferry Termemal. So any help getting a few spare tanks or air from there or Goobies,Terenceville, Clarenville, Marystown would be great. this year we're bringing our own gear, but we rented wts & tanks from The Dive Center in St. Johns anyone know how to contact them? (no web site anymore!) We owe them a big thanks for their service last year.

Well I don't know about that area much, but I use Ocean Quest in Conception Bay South to rent tanks, weights, and air. Dive shops are relatively hard to come by in NL and the only ones in the area I know of are Ocean Quest and Dive NL in St. John's I think. I've never been diving around the south coast how is it?

Ocean Quest is a little to far away for us and Dive NL is now closed thanks any way. We were diving in a small harbour 60 ft max vis was 50-80 ft also in an out port relocated town 20 min. by boat across the bay. Hundreds of scallops and atlantic lobsters, This year we are looking for a 70 year old ship wrecked schooner in the harbour this is something new for us and we're really hyped about it .

Man that sounds like fun. There's so much still to discover in NL, its ridiculous. Have fun!

The Dive Center
36 Pippy Place
St. John's, NL A1B 3X4, Canada
(709) 754-8122

Ask for Don he is a real nice fellow.

Back
Top Bottom