Trash we find

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dk2943

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I got this email and thought I would let everyone else know:

Greetings to Everyone,

On behalf of The Florida Department of Environmental Protection’s Coral Reef Conservation Program (FDEP-CRCP), the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), and Palm Beach County Reef Rescue (PBCRR) we would like to announce the establishment of Southeast’s Florida Marine Debris Program.

The program is encourages local divers and southeast Florida dive shops to report marine debris they observe while scuba diving or snorkeling. An online data entry form and a hotline has been created to allow you to report the location, type, and quantity of marine debris observed as well as the type and quantity of marine debris removed, if any during the dive or snorkel.

The collection of this information will be used to organize reef clean-up events in the future.

For more information and to make a marine debris report visit www.cleanSEFLreefs.com

Please feel free to distribute widely and I apologize for any cross-postings.

Thank you,

Rob Ruzicka
Fishing and Diving Project Coordinator
Florida Department of Environmental Protection's
Coral Reef Conservation Program
1277 NE 79th St Causeway
Miami, FL 33138
Phone: (305) 795-1221
Fax: (305) 795-3470
Southeast Florida Coral Reef Initiative
Florida DEP | CAMA | Coral Reef Conservation Program

Good to see the FDEP taking steps like this! Amazing the junk that ends up underwater (including my old boat back in the 1970's!). About 10 years ago I was invited to give a talk on my GIS research in the nearshore environment at one of the FDEP's GIS workshops.

Does this program include items such as abandoned fishing nets?

Super cool! Just book marked that because I seemingly pull trash every time I dive. This one time it looked a lot like my buddy, but we won't go there :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom