Suunto SK7 Compass?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVMike

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone removed the SK7 compass module from a consol mount? They sell them to attach to a consol or wrist mount. I am going to put the module in a deep sea supply wrist mount, and the consol modules are less expensive. Don't want to buy one and find out I can't get it out. The module will come out of the wrist mount.

Thanks in Advance

It is done all the time. Use hot hot tap water, and gently remove the module.

You will be able to get it out. As Peter said, you can just soak it in hot water to make the rubber alittle more pliable, then pop it out. The SK7 in the DSS mount is pretty sweet.

Hot water helps, but they are in there very snug. They require lots of effort to push them out, but its worth doing. The wrist mount does work very well.

I ended up soaking mine (inadvertently) for around 30 minutes in hot tap water and it was easy as pie to remove afterwards. Before soaking it I had no chance at all in extracting it.

Thanks for the response, will save me $10.00. The consol compass is cheaper than wrist mount.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom