Recommendations requested re: August trip to So. FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saltyorange

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I are coming down to South Florida probably around the end of August. She will not be able to dive, so it will just be me. We have the opportunity to stay in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Pompano Beach, Deerfield Beach, or Delray Beach. We will only be in town for a week and I am guessing she will only let me ditch her for 3 or 4 days to go diving. Given that, I am asking for recommendations on which areas I should try to go diving in. I was looking at Boynton Beach, Pompano Beach, LBTS, and Fort Lauderdale. I will then try to pick the place to stay that is closest to the place that I end up going diving at.

I guess the corollary to this question is whether I should try and dive all those places. I had figured that each had enough good sites to support 3-4 days of going out in a single city. If I am wrong, please let me know.

We are warm water divers who typically dive in the Caribbean (Cozumel, Cayman, etc.). So, we obviously like reefs. Wrecks are fine too though I am not a hard core wreck diver who penetrates and runs lines and all that stuff.

Anyway, any guidance is appreciated. I have been pouring over this board all day and every place sounds good. I am just trying to get some personal recs from people in the know. Thanks!

I too, would vote for Parrot Island. They are a great op. Jerry and Mikee will take great care of you and above all are safe to dive with. They go to many different sites and would definitely support the kind of dives you are looking for, as well as Ft. Lauderdale having plenty for the wife to do while you dive.
Enjoy your trip.

Thanks for the info everyone. I will plan on reaching out to the providers you recommended for the 3 locations and see what they have going on during my stay.

You have a lot of good options from others already. I would also look into Scubatyme. Enzo is great and runs a great op. I personally prefer the diving up north in Boynton/Delray area. Not too many divers and the reefs are great with heaps of marine life. Out of Boynton go to Kev at Underwater Explorers or you could talk to Larry with Six Pack Divers. Both have good boats and know this reef well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom