question on oms system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kingping5

New
Reaction score
hi everyone, i am a diver from singapore, just wondering what does you guys think, cause i am considering on getting a wing typ bcd, so i am looking at oms single web back plate with single tank wing. which i could expan if i am getting more interested in tech diving. so maybe if anyone could give me some feed back on how oms system is. if i were to compare it with dive rite or halcyon. cause they have quit simillar product. thank in advance for all your advice.:D

OMS for the most part makes decent products...if you do a search around here you will see they have atrocious reviews of their customer service. I've had OMS and Halcyon rigs...I like the OMS plate and STA a little better but I must say the Halcyon wing is better designed/constructed. I now dive the OMS plate and STA but us an Oxycheq Mach V wing.

Hope this helps.

-J.-

I've used a Halcyon Eclipse, single tank wing, for 2 years now and I rate it second to none. It wins over in all the little details (wider crotch strap, robust material, nice short inflator hose etc), that the OMS doesn't.

I've used a Halcyon Eclipse, single tank wing, for 2 years now and I rate it second to none. It wins over in all the little details (wider crotch strap, robust material, nice short inflator hose etc), that the OMS doesn't.

The new OMS wings come with a short corrugated hose...also the newer OMS plates take a standard 2-inch crotch strap. Like I said the Halcyon is better designed but OMS makes decent offerings.

Cheers.

-J.-

hi everyone thanks for your reply, i have decided on oms i think. cause after seeing the three product i found that oms system seems more durable. in term of material. and the price is not too high too. over the three brands i find that the dive rite material some how seems a little not so durable. thats how i feel.

and i am also thinking of the one pice webbing back plate system as i cound share with my wife if she decides to take up diving. as its fully adjustable, but i still have to check out if my size and hers varies too much, cause i am on the l-xl sizing but i think she is only s-m if i am not wrong. so but choosing a single webbing syatem i could let her use the new one and i could used back my scubapro if we are going diving together.

so what does anyone think of bc sharing? is it advisable? and does any one know if oms system are all fully made in the USA or are some made in other country?

thanks for all your reply.:eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom