XR2 timeout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mweaver40

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I had my XR2 downloading at one point for one dive but since I tried it again I get nothing but timeouts. From what I read this seems to be a weakness in Aeris dive computer line. The pins on the cable are fairly loose and I wonder if it has broken connection internally. I have tried multiple ways of orienting the cable connection but it just won't work. I am highly reluctant to pay another $90.00 for a cable that may have the same issues. Anybody have any ideas on anything else I can try? User error is also a possibility so other than starting the DC in PC mode and beginning the download I don't know what else I might be forgetting to do. Drivers loaded are up to date according to Aeries website. Tried this in both XP and Vista using 2 different computers.

Aeris: if your listening here is a little constructive criticism. I would suggest that when the interface handshake times out that you do not immediately throw the user into manual dive logging mode. It is annoying to have to go through the steps to retry again. Why not allow multiple attempts after a timeout so we can easily fiddle with cable orientation during the 2 minutes of PC mode. Also given the amount of feedback I have seen regarding the cable, it seems that it may need to be made more sturdy and some thought given as to why it can frequently fail to connect.

I just bought the cable for the XR2 but cannot get it to work either!

I can get the cable to work now. It sometimes takes a few tries which is annoying. Keep experimenting and pull it out of the rubber console housing if you need to and have it in console. As long as it is in PC mode mine can download. I have had the best luck plugging the cable in directly perpendicular to the computer so it sticks straight out. You can plug it in at a 45 dg angle and them pull it down into the 90 dg position but that doesn't seem to connect correctly. All in all I like the computer but I find the cable really annoying.

I had the program installed on my laptop...then crash...reloaded the software and the drivers, now I can't get it to stop doing the timeout thing. It shows the found hardware popup then won't connect.

I successfully downloaded a series of dives, but now, after another series, no luck! This has to be the worst designed piece of @$@#@@@! interface ever! I'll never buy another Aries computer!

I'm going to try and get my money back! I've been at this 2 hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom