Info on Dahab, Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, Im going out to Dahab in June, looking to stay out for three months. has anyone got any advice on the right company to complete my Rescue and Masters with? im looking for a company that will take me on afterwards to work, as i think it ios best to get some experience in straight away.

Also is it easy to find accomodation for that length of time out there??

Cheers :p

xx

Drop Sphinx divers a line and see if Sophie is still working there... she is a high quality brit instructor with a good heart. You could make a reservation at the old Sphinx hotel or BishiBishi, then find a room mate with a house after you arrive... Easy peezy lemon squeezy.

Hi, Im going out to Dahab in June, looking to stay out for three months. has anyone got any advice on the right company to complete my Rescue and Masters with? im looking for a company that will take me on afterwards to work, as i think it ios best to get some experience in straight away.

Also is it easy to find accomodation for that length of time out there??

Cheers :p

xx

cheers for the reply i shall take on board your advice. How long were you out there?? im not sure about getting visas sorted etc?

I hung around Dahab for a month, did some divemastering and did a couple DSDs. I was told if you fly into the Sinai (Sharm el Sheik et cetera) from outside the country, the tourist visa you receive is only good for the Sinai, so, you maybe unable to travel to Cairo, the Nile ect.

If you fly into Cairo, you buy your visa sticker from the money exchange guy before going through immigration/customs, $15USD, better to google info that applies to UK citizens.

I flew into the country via Cairo, travelled the Sinai, crossed the boarder into Eilat Isreal, then back into the Sinair (Dahab for a month) then back to Cairo. When I was flying out of Cairo, I was stopped by a customs/immigration youngster:no, I am sure the re-entry stamp into the Sinai was a perceived as a problem, however, the senior customs guy okayed my departure:D.

I remember at the Egypt-Eilat crossing, reading a sign in english :11:, you needed to inform the Egyptian customs officer :1poke: on departure to ask for a re-entry stamp so you could return on the same original entry visa.

I do not remember how long tourist visas are valid. You can do a trip to the visa office and get it renewed if need be, the office is supposedly located on west side of the Sinai on the way to Suez and will burn a day, groups of expats gang together and do a visa run when necessary, or you could travel to Eilat and Petra once.

Once to get to Dahab, the brit expats will inform you about everything you need to know, just ask, it may cost you a beer, though.:shelli:

cheers for the reply i shall take on board your advice. How long were you out there?? im not sure about getting visas sorted etc?

Visas: I assime you'll be flying into Sharm, get a visa at the airport when you land, it's $15 or the equivalent in £ or euros. They don't give change though. The visa is valid for 1 month so you'll need to go to El Tur during that first month to get a 12 month tourist visa, mine cost LE330 I think. The visa is valid for all of Egypt.

Accomodation: Plenty of places to rent for a few months. Try Nicole at Sheik Salem House on the seafront near the Eel Gardens, or Bedouina opposite the Blue Beach.

Hey,

Contact me before you make any decisions, I've done quite a bit of training and worked for most of the dive centers around Dahab (a majority of instructors and DMs actually work freelance). I should be back out in the next week...could either point you in the right direction or talk about doing some training. Dahab is a great place, it grows on you...it's brought me back 3 times now.

Oh yeah, and dont worry about the visa situation, no big deal, I'll need to make a run to El Tur to get "1 year tourist visa" situated...if you need to do the same we can split the costs for a taxi for the day...

Oh yeah, and dont worry about the visa situation, no big deal, I'll need to make a run to El Tur to get "1 year tourist visa" situated...if you need to do the same we can split the costs for a taxi for the day...

Come and find me. I will need to do it too and I have an a/c car. So, we can just split the fuel and the additional costs of over 120km a day, and we can all go together.

I'm normally in the Bamboo House in the morning, drinking decent coffee, or PM me and I will give you my Egyptian number, and we can all meet up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom