West Palm Beach - Pura Vida Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BHB ScubaTroll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Dove this AM out of West Palm Beach with Pura Vida Divers...

The op was professional, courteous and attentive. Once our gear was at the dock it was loaded for us. Russ and Jake did a great job with the newer divers (There was a group of 5 from out of state... and we could tell they were newer divers). They helped those who needed help and left the rest of us alone... unless they were asking if we wanted another drink from the cooler, or some more to eat.

They dive a group on the reef. We let them know I would be with a camera and have the experience to do the drift away from the group (if that was OK?) They accommodated our request without batting an eye... "We'll drop you two before everyone else... go at your own pace... shoot a sausage when you begin your ascent..." We couldn't have asked for better service from an op that knew nothing about us (except from observation, and our dive credentials before boarding)!

Second dive, Russ took us aside and gave us the rundown right through to the cave and Turtle Mound. Great service!

Dove So. Flower Garden and The Breakers (4th Window) (60' reef systems) all the way to Turtle Mound.

Bottom Temp 78F
Partly Cloudy
Seas 5-7 in at the start 2-4 by the second dive
Vis: 100+

Something about hitting the water and seeing the bottom (60') + 40-50' of bottom in every direction... It reminds me of... VICTORY!

These dives included a Lemon Shark swim by... Unfortunately, it was moving too fast, and stayed away from our group to get a picture... (maybe next time!)

Pics:

PICT00296.jpg

PICT00275.jpg

PICT00264.jpg

PICT00254.jpg

PICT00454.jpg

PICT00375.jpg

I can't remember the last time I ran into a Bigeye... They were everywhere!
PICT00105.jpg

PICT00346.jpg

PICT00312.jpg

PICT00305.jpg

PICT00166.jpg

PICT00153.jpg

PICT00144.jpg

PICT00125.jpg

PICT00464.jpg

Thanks Pura Vida Divers... We will be back!

Grate pics. Have made that dive many times. I think it is grate. Thanks for the pics. if it is OK I would like to send them to a friend. I don't have a camera and he asked me for some pics.

Really nice photos, glad to hear a good reveiw of Pura Vida as I will be taking their Rescue Course in June. Thanks CoolTech.

I dove with them in december of last year, after the first day i didnt even bother looking into another charter operation i was so happy with the service, dean tried to get me on another charter boat the last day i could dive but it wasnt going to be with them, i told him i would wait and see what happened and if they werent going out i wasnt going out. By any chance was BB on one of the boats that you were on, he was a blast to dive with.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom