Venice Trip Report 04/27/2008 w/teeth pic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medcop

Reaction score
Dove Venice today..went north of the pier. Went straight out from the 2nd wood bridge from the north. Visibility was 12ft+ rather good I thought for my first shore dive in Venice.

Did about an hour and 20 minute dive....found several teeth but actually only spent about 30 minutes actually looking for teeth. The rest of the time I spent just swimming around seeing what I could see and would only pick up a tooth that jumped out at me. Took me a little while to actually figure out what I was looking for also....then after I spotted my first one I was like..oh...wow!

Really have no idea what I found (see picture below) and for ref the one that I am pretty sure is 1/2 of a meg tooth is approx 2 1/4" long...can use that as a size ref for the others. Anyone identify the any of the teeth for me?

teeth.jpg

I gave some away to some kids at the shower after I had just come out of the water (still in my gear) and they were asking a million questions :D I could have probably picked up several hundred of teeth like pictured but I was hunting that "big" one...lol.

Nice collection. My buddy and I are flying in Wensday for 3 days of Venice Diving.

Thanks!

Can't wait to get back...but it will be a couple weeks as I'm doing Intro to Cave next weekend.

If I would have spent the entire dive actually looking for teeth I could have easily found 5 times that many I'm sure.

Mostly Lemons, Dusky, Bull and Sandtiger (the usual suspects). Also, looks like one mako, and 1.5 megs. You're right, the large 1/2 is a meg, and so is the largish one to the 1 o' clock position from the 1/2 meg. The mako is at 5 o' clock from the meg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom