Zeagle Ranger vs. Ranger LTD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pkdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am just trying to decide if I should go with the Ranger LTD instead of the Ranger and wanted some opinions. If anyone has either and would like to share there thoughts I would appreciate it. Is the Ranger LTD worth the added cost?

Both good BC's. The LTD has some bells and whistles that the Ranger doesn't, such as a cumberbund pocket...zippers on the wing where you can add some other accessories. Go to the Zeagle website and it spells out the differences.

I've had both, started w/ ranger and "upgraded" to the LTD. I had an older ranger though before they moved the chest strap location on the waist strap back towards the hips a bit. The fit is much better on the new version which was my primary reason for upgrade. However, for the couple bucks extra you get the side zipper attach system - useful if you think you may ever get more advanced in your diving; weight pouches; lumbar pad; and I think extra d-rings. I decided it was worth it. Give scuba toys a call and have a chat with them. I found them VERY helpful!

KISS - Keep it Simple Stupid. I used a Ranger for years - great BCD. IMHO the bells and whistles of the LTD are of little use.

I have to agree with Scared Silly. Save the money and put it towards a set of Zeagle regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom