Galapagos 4 slots August 2008 Wolf-Darwin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

damudiver

New
Reaction score
Hi,
I have 4 slots on the Estrella Del Mar, one of the boats that got a permit for Wolf and Darwin for 2008. This is operated by Explorer Ventures who is using this vessel instead of Explorer I (which had its permit taken away). There were several displaced divers and 2 who cannot go on this trip due to scheduling problems.

Trip dates: August 25 - Sep. 1.

thanks for looking! Contact/reply with questions or for additional info...

How many nights is the trip? How many divers total on the boat? What is the cost? We have been there twice (2003 & 2006) on the Aggressor and are very familar with Galapagos. I have four serious divers ready to take the spots at the right discounted price.

Thank you! Matt

I would love one of those spots - if everything is right.

Cost?
What is NOT included in the price you send?
# Dives?
# Divers on boat?
any strange rules?
etc.

Dave

Hi - sorry I couldn't reply immediately... long weekend.
OK, lot of history on this as you probably know with the Ecuadorian gov't restricting things last year and this year.
There are 16 spaces for divers on the boat. This is a maximum limit set by the government. As far as cost, the original price of the trip was, and still is $4245, which includes airfare from mainland Ecuador and 2 nights hotel on the mainland. Since the vessel has changed, the trip price could very likely drop up to $500.
A Nitrox upgrade is $150 for the week.
Port fees: $35
Nat'l Park Fee: $110
Fuel surcharge: est. $85

The trip is 8 days (7 nights). The itinerary can be found on Explorer Ventures web site.
Explorer Ventures: Adventures in Live-Aboard Diving but just as a reminder, this is not for the Eco Explorer, because it couldn't get a permit for 2008.

Still interested? Let me know and I'll put you in touch with the operator and someone who knows more about the trip than I do (I am a customer and not the operator - one of the 4 who can't go on the trip because of scheduling changes).

We are interested...please contact me at divedeeepr@aol.com Need to know if there are any last minute discounts for taking these slots. We have been twice before on the Agressor and are use to luxury on those boats. We would need a good deal to go on this small 70 ft boat.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom